Thursday, October 9, 2008

Damascus - Part II



The covered markets - or "Souks" - of Old Damascus. You can buy anything from fresh herbs and spices, nuts, jewelry and collectibles, to clothing, textiles, toys, and fresh fruit and veggies.



The exit from the covered market, featuring ancient Greco-Roman strucutres. Heading into the heart of Old Damascus.....



A random mosque in central Damascus. I simply love the domes and towers of the mosques. They're spectacular.



Just taking a little cat nap. Damascus was like stray cat central. They were everywhere. Dom wanted to adopt them all.




The courtyard inside the al-Ummayad mosque in Old Damascus. Definitely the largest and most beautiful mosque I have ever set foot in.... not that I have set foot in too many mosques... but still....



Inside the al-Ummayad mosque. Amazing.


OH YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! SEXY!!!



The salad I prepared for our dinner, made from fresh produce purchased at the markets in Old Damascus earlier that day. I had toss that thing for a while, but that's okay, because I love to toss the salad.







No comments: