Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jerusalem - Part II


On our last day in Jerusalem, I woke up early in the morning to go take in a few more sights before departing for Tel Aviv. I visited the Western Wall again, to see it in the daylight.


Just above the Western Wall is the Temple Mount, upon which sits the Dome of the Rock -- which I mentioned in a previous post. It was breathtaking to see up close.... OOOOH IT'S SO SHINY AND COLOURFUL. I wish I could have gone inside, but it's for Muslims only.

This is the tomb of King David.

And this is the room where the Last Supper for Jesus was held. Not much inside the room these days, but of course it was really cool to visit this important site. NEATO!!!!

Just a little snapshot of the CAVE we slept in at the "New Swedish Hostel" in Jerusalem. These accomodations are not for the claustrophobic.... or Barb Hackett.

No comments: