Thursday, October 9, 2008

Luxor

Day 2 in Luxor. On the first day, we visited the Karnak Temple and the Luxor Temple, but unfortunately my camera died, so I have nothing photographic to show for it. They were spectacular, though. The Karnak Temple is the largest temple I have ever seen. Anyway, moving along, Day 2 featured a trip to the Valley of the Kings, the Valley of the Queens, and The Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.




The Valley of the Kings, containing many tombs of Pharaoh's and other peoples of nobility. Unfortunately, photography was prohibited inside the tombs. The tombs are nestled in a valley between majestic desert mountains -- the most prominent of which is pyramid shaped (shown above), hence the reason why the Egyptians chose the location. They really had a hard-on for pyramids.



The mountainside temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Not too much to see inside, but a cool site nonetheless.


This was one of the greatest sites I saw in all of Egypt. At first I thought that it must be some kind of World of Warcraft reference.... but alas, Wikipedia tells me that the Thistlegorm is a shipwreck in the Red Sea. Regardless, sweet shirt and sweet ass.

More from the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut... or as one Arab laughingly called her "Queen Hotchickensoup"

We stopped for a quick photo-op at these statues, located near the Valley of the Kings and Queens, but I do not recall the name of the site, nor its historical significance. I guess I wasn't taking my Ritalin that day.



"SHEUND".


No comments: